Brownies are always a crowd pleaser. It is incredibly easy to make gluten free and low FODMAP brownies due to the small amount of flour that tends to be used. This explains why they are the main gluten free dessert available at restaurants and cafes… So I do not blame you if you are fed up of brownies and never want to see one again!
However, the addition of raspberries and cheesecake makes these brownies extra special. The tangy cheesecake and acidity from the raspberries really helps balance out the richness of the chocolate brownies. You’re guaranteed to be coming back for more!
Low FODMAP Brownies
- 100g butter or margarine
- 75g dark chocolate. (I used green and black’s 70% cooking chocolate)
- 25g cocoa powder ( I used green & black)
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 160g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 40g gluten free flour or ground almonds
- pinch salt
- 50g fresh raspberries
- 200g lactose free cream cheese
- 75g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 75g raspberries
- 1/2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 160C fan-assisted.
- Chop the dark chocolate. Place in a bowl with the instant coffee.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the melted butter to the chocolate and whisk in until the chocolate is melted.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs with the sugar.
- Slowly pour in the chocolate and butter mixture whilst whisking.
- Finally fold in the sifted flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Line a square baking tin 8″x8″ with parchment paper.
- Pour in the brownie mix.
- Make the cheesecake mix by mixing together cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla.
- Slowly add in the eggs whilst mixing, ensuring it is incorporated well.
- Pour over the brownie layer.
- Finally make the raspberry sauce to create the rippled effect.
- Place the raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a pot. Cook on medium heat until the raspberries soften. Press down with a wooden to help burst the raspberries. One it resembles a puree, take of the heat.
- Pass through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Place the smooth raspberry sauce in a piping bag. Cut the tip off and pipe lines horizontally across the cheesecake top. *
- Run a tooth pick across the piped lines to achieve the feathered effect.
- Bake for 45minutes.
- Let cool before cutting.
- If you don’t have a piping bag you can dollop the mix using a teaspoon, when you run a toothpick through these, they fill create hearts.
What did you think of these low FODMAP brownies? Let me know in the comments.