As you may know I have challenged myself to bake along with The great british bake off. The theme for week 4 was chocolate. For their signature challenge the bakers were asked to make brownies, so here is my low FODMAP brownie recipe.
Looking for something more special? Check out my Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie recipe here.
Low FODMAP brownie recipe
- 150g butter or margarine
- 115g dark chocolate. (I used green and black’s 70% cooking chocolate)
- 40g cocoa powder ( I used green & black)
- 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
- 200g granulated sugar
- 50g light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 60g gluten free flour or ground almonds
- pinch salt
- 50g dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 40g whole or chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Sea salt flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Chop the dark chocolate. Place in a bowl with the instant coffee.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the melted butter to the chocolate and whisk in until the chocolate is melted.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs with the sugar.
- Slowly pour in the chocolate and butter mixture whilst whisking.
- Finally fold in the sifted flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts if using.
- Line a square baking tin 8″x8″ with parchment paper.
- Pour in the brownie mix and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 45minutes.
- Cool for at least one hour before cutting.