As you may know I have challenged myself to bake along with The great british bake off. The theme for week 4 was chocolate. For their signature challenge the bakers were asked to make brownies, so here is my low FODMAP version.
- 150g butter or margarine
- 115g dark chocolate. (I used green and black’s 70% cooking chocolate)
- 40g cocoa powder ( I used green & black)
- 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
- 200g granulated sugar
- 50g light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 60g gluten free flour or ground almonds
- pinch salt
- 50g dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 40g whole or chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Sea salt flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Chop the dark chocolate. Place in a bowl with the instant coffee.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the melted butter to the chocolate and whisk in until the chocolate is melted.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs with the sugar.
- Slowly pour in the chocolate and butter mixture whilst whisking.
- Finally fold in the sifted flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts if using.
- Line a square baking tin 8″x8″ with parchment paper.
- Pour in the brownie mix and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 45minutes.
- Cool for at least one hour before cutting.