With Thanksgiving only a week away I am sharing my low FODMAP pumpkin pie recipe. Rich, creamy and gently spiced, this pumpkin pie will be the perfect addition to your holiday table!
- 225g gluten free plain flour (I used Doves Farm)
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- pinch salt
- 100g butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- water to bind
- 1 egg
- 425g tin of pumpkin puree
- 120mls full fat lactose free milk
- 180mls lactose free double cream. I used Emlea plant double cream
- 160g caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon gluten free plain flour
Make the pastry:
- Sift the flour, icing sugar and xantham gum.
- Add the salt
- Add the butter and rub this in using your finger tips until you achieve a sandy texture.
- Add the egg.
- Bind the dough together adding small amounts of water at a time.
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Roll out the pastry between two sheets of cling film using a rolling pin.
- Line a 23cm pie dish with the pastry and trim the edges.
For the filling:
- In a bowl mix the egg, pumpkin puree, milk, cream, sugar, spices, flour and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pastry lined dish.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-40minutes. The filling should be set and should not wobble when shaken.
- Leave to cool.
- I used leftover pastry and cut out in shape of leaves. I sprinkled these with cinnamon sugar and baked in the oven for 12-15 minutes. I decorated the pie with the biscuits and some whipped lactose free double cream.