This one is for the Nandos lovers out there. As you may already know Nando’s uses garlic in their marinade making it unsuitable during the low FODMAP elimination stage. Have a go at this for your piri piri fix.
1 whole chicken, spatchcocked
- 150mls lemon juice
- 100mls vinegar
- 50mls red wine vinegar
- 50mls garlic infused oil
- 100mls olive oil
- 2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 red capsicum pepper
- 4-10 birds eye chilli peppers (adjust to your taste)
- Put all the marinade ingredients in a blender.
- Rub 1/2 of the marinade into the chicken and rest for at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Take the chicken out and baste with more of the marinade.
- Continue cooking for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 220-250C and grill for 5-10minutes to char the skin.
- Rest for 10 minutes before serving.