So maybe we cannot indulge in Terry’s chocolate orange at Christmas however this cheesecake comes close. It is like biting into the creamiest Terrys choc orange you could imagine. If you are unsure about what dessert to serve at Christmas lunch, look no further. This is it! It is melt in the mouth good. One of the best desserts you will ever eat.
- 175g gluten free digestive biscuits (I used love more brand)
- 80g butter
- 40g light brown sugar
- 350g lactose free cream cheese
- 175g caster sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 90mls juice of orange
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon corn flour
- 200g dark chocolate (either plain or flavoured with orange or clementine oil) If using plain dark chocolate, add a drop of orange oil.
- 270mls of lactose free or dairy free cream.
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar.
- 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a food bag with a rolling pin or in a food processor.
- Melt the butter. Once melted add in the sugar and crushed biscuits.
- Line a 20 cm tin with parchment paper and press the biscuit mix into the bottom. I used a tin with a removable base.
- Bake the biscuit base for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, start making the filling. Gently beat the ingredients for the cheesecake mixture together until combined.
- Once the base is done. Increase the oven temperature to 200C.
- Once the base is cool, pour in the cheesecake mix.
- Bake for 10 minutes. After this lower the temperature to 110C and bake for a further 55 minutes. The centre should have a slight wobble when gently shaked.
- Once done leave the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 2 hours. Leave the oven door slightly open.
- To make the ganache: Place the cream and sugar in a pot and bring to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate in a bowl.
- Whisk the ganache by hand for approximately 5 minutes. Leave to cool. Once cooled, pour 2/3 of the ganache over the cheesecake. Place in the fridge to set.
- You can whisk the rest of the ganache with an electric whisk until light and fluffy and you call roll this into balls and make truffles.
If making the orange decoration:
- Preheat oven to 110C.
- Slice the orange and place slices on oven rack.
- Bake for approximately 2-2 1/2 hours.