I used to really enjoy chickpea curry however I cannot tolerate this due to chickpeas being high FODMAP in larger quantities. I decided to use tofu and chickpeas in this recipe. The tofu helps bulk it out to reduce the overall FODMAP content making it low FODMAP.
Makes 5 portions. If you want a larger portion, decrease the amount of chickpeas you use in the recipe.
- 200g drained and rinsed canned chickpeas
- 100g spinach
- 450g firm tofu
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- 1/2 cup green part of spring onion
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 chilli pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 can plum tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 200mls water
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Heat oil in a heavy based pan.
- Add the spring onion. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the asafoetida, ginger and chillis. Stir for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and stir in. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tofu, chickpeas and spinach. Stir well.
- Add the turmeric.
- Add 200mls water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for a further 20 minutes or until you achieve a thick sauce.
- Finally add the garam masala and fenugreek leaves.