This is not your traditional sticky toffee pudding as it does not contain dates or treacle since these are high FODMAP. Despite the changes this low FODMAP version is rich and delicious.
- 100g butter
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225g self raising gluten free flour (I used Doves farm)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 275ml lactose free milk or dairy free milk
- 200g soft dark brown sugar
- 200g butter
- 100g lactose free or dairy free cream ( I used Emlea plant double cream)
- 50g rice brown syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the sponge together except for the milk. Add the milk in slowly.
- Pour the mixture into an 8″ x 8″ dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Make the sauce by putting all the ingredients into a saucepan. Heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling remove from the heat and set aside.
- Pour half the sauce over the the pudding. Save the rest to pour over individual pieces when serving.