Being in colder weather I have now stirred away from my pancake obsession and started making warm oatmeal instead. Seeing that I’m a chocoaholic my favourite one is chocolate oatmeal. I love to thicken this oatmeal a lot to end up with a very chocolatey and gooey oatmeal. So good, it’s like having dessert for breakfast! It’s a very easy and quick breakfast to make and quite fulfilling. I love to serve mine with fresh strawberries.
Chocolate Oatmeal – moderate in FODMAPs; half the recipe to make it low FODMAP
- 1/2 cup rolled oats. Use gf oats if needed.
- 1 cup almond milk or your choice of lactose free milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir everything together, except the chocolate chips if using.
- Keep stirring and cook til the desired consistency is achieved. I like to make mine thick and fudgy!
- Mix in the dark chocolate chips (optional).
- Serve. You can serve with some fresh fruit.
If you like this post and would like to see more click follow to receive an e-mail when a new recipe is up.