Vermicelli omelette or as called in Maltese ‘Froga tat-tarja’ is a very simple but tasty recipe. This recipe was originally developed as a way to use up leftover pasta. I remember my grandma making it as a kid. My mum on the other hand never made it for us so it was only as a grown up that I finally actually had this for the first time when I made it for myself. Shocking I know! This quickly became a favourite for those days when I’m too busy or tired and want something quick to eat. This recipe is perfect for breakfast or as a snack. It can even be made into a meal by adding more ingredients to the basic recipe.
Vermicelli Omelette – serves 1
- 80g of cooked rice vermicelli
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of grated Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- some chopped parsley
- oil or butter
- Optional additional ingredients: ham or bacon, cheese, vegetables, anything to your liking.
- Mix vermicelli, egg, cheese, salt, pepper and parsley together.
- Heat oil or butter in a pan.
- Once oil/butter is hot add the vermicelli egg mix. Flatten in the pan and give it a round shape.
- Cook for a couple of minutes or until browned then flip over until the second side is golden brown.
If you liked this recipe and would like to see more click follow to receive an e-mail when a new post is up.