This low FODMAP spring roll version is slightly different from your usual takeaway spring rolls, however they are just as delicious.
This spring roll recipe uses an Airfryer however you can also deep fry them.
Makes 8 spring rolls
- 100g carrots, in fine strips
- 100g kale, in fine strips
- 100g oyster mushrooms, finely chopped
- Handful of spring onion, dark leafy part only
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce. Use GF soy sauce if diagnosed with coeliac disease.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic infused oil
- 1 pack vietnamese springroll rice wrappers
- I used Lingham chili sauce
- Place a pan on medium heat and add the garlic infused oil.
- Add the vegetable and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and sesame oil and cook until soft.
- Set the vegetables aside to cool down.
- Once cooled, start assembling the spring rolls.
- Place wrapper into hot water until it is soft and pliable.
- Place about a tablespoon of filling. Fold the wrapper over and roll until you have a neat roll.
- Repeat until you have 8 spring rolls.
- Place in the airfryer and spray with some oil.
- Cook at 190C for 12-15minutes or until crispy. Turn around half way through.
- Serve with a chilli dipping sauce or a sauce of your choice.
You can view a video of this recipe on my Instagram page MevsIBS.