This is one of my favourite soups. It so comforting on a cold winter night and the addition of chilli adds a warming feeling. Not only is the soup delicious but it is also very nutritious! The red pepper and carrots give the soup a gorgeous rich red colour. The best part is that these two ingredients are both FODMAP free!
- 3 red peppers
- 5 medium sized carrots
- 100g common cabbage
- 1/2 red chilli pepper
- 1L of low FODMAP vegetable stock ( I used Massels)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- 1 teaspoon onion replacer powder ( I used the FreeFod brand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cut red pepper in half and deseed.
- Roast red peppers for 20-30 minutes or until skin of the peppers is blistered.
- Whilst the peppers are roasting, chop the chilli, carrots and cabbage.
- Heat the oil in a pot. Add the chilli and cumin seeds.
- Add the carrots and cabbage and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika and onion powder replacer.
- Add the vegetable stock.
- Remove the skin from the red peppers and add to the soup.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- Taste a season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve with a slice of crusty sourdough bread.