Christmas is fast approaching! For many, it is a tradition to leave out milk and cookies for Santa on Christmas eve. When my sister and I were little we had it on good word that Santa did not like milk and loved whiskey, so we also left out whiskey instead of milk. Whether you leave out milk or whiskey is up to you however why not get the kids involved in making this simple recipe to treat Santa to an extra special cookie this year!
Makes 6 giant cookies
- 75g butter/margarine
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 225g plain gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- zest of 1 orange
- pinch of salt
- 150g white chocolate chips
- 75g dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoon of lactose free milk or water
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar using a wooden spoon or spatula until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in the egg whilst continuing to beat.
- After all the egg is incorporated, sift and add in the dry ingredients. Mix together until combined into a dough.
- Finally add in the chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Add the milk or water. Add in a little more if the mix is too dry.
- Divide the dough into 6. You can divide into more if you wish to make smaller cookies.
- Form each into a ball and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes for a cookie that is soft in the centre.