Being back home after a long holiday always feels odd. It’s hard getting back into the routine especially cleaning! I absolutely hate cleaning… Oh how I’d love to live in a hotel all year round… room service, someone cleaning after you and a spa just downstairs. PERFECTION! Despite missing these luxuries, I am happy to be back at making some home-cooked meals. Today I decided to make a meatball stew. The meatballs can be substituted for your favourite chopped up sausages too for a twist on this recipe.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
for the meatballs:
- 250g lean minced pork
- 1 tbsp garlic infused oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed peppercorns
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- bunch of parsley chopped
for the stew:
- 1/2 carrot chopped
- 1/2 capsicum pepper chopped
- 4 spring onion chopped; green part only
- 1/2 a large potato or a 1 small potato
- 200g can of peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1 bayleaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley chopped
- 1 tsp garlic infused olive oil
- Mix the mince, garlic infused oil, crushed peppercorns, coriander and parsley.
- Form into meatballs and set aside.
- Chop the vegetables and potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the meatball. Cook until golden in colour.
- Add the vegetable and potatoes.
- Add the wine, tomatoes and bayleaf.
- Return the meatballs to the pot.
- Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve and sprinkle with chopped parsley.