This is one of my absolute favourite dishes to eat during Summer. With temperatures above 30C in Malta this dish is very refreshing, healthy and low Fodmap! It’s a win win situation.
You can make this recipe with just rice however you can also use a mixture of grains such as rice and quinoa. So feel free to play around and adjust to your liking.
Tuna Salad (serves 2)
- 1/2 cup rice or 1/4 cup rice and 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1/4 to 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- handful of olives chopped.
- 1/4 cucumber chopped
- handful of fresh parsley, basil, chives and mint chopped.
- 1 large can of tuna in olive oil
- handful of lettuce, baby spinach or other salad leaves
- 5 radishes chopped
- Prepare the rice and quinoa as per the manufacturers instructions.
- Meanwhile chop all the vegetables and herbs and mix them together.
- Add the tuna along with the olive oil.
- Finally add in the boiled rice and or quinoa and mix everything together well.