French toast or eggy bread is a great option for breakfast and a low FODMAP version is very easy to re-create!
- 4-6 slices of gluten free bread* or sourdough bread
- 2 eggs
- 150mls lactose free milk or dairy free milk such as almond or rice milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
*Remember to check the ingredients list for high FODMAP ingredients such as inulin, gram flour etc.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Add a little oil or spray with oil.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture, place into the hot pan and cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve with some berries and dust with icing sugar.