To make things a tad more difficult I am also allergic to fish. I’ve been allergic since I’ve been a little girl however luckily I am not allergic to seafood. I love seafood. Growing up in Malta it was always readily available and growing up I used to opt for octopus u prawns when eating out. In recent years however I was not able to order it when eating out as seafood in Malta is always cooked with lots of onion and garlic. So my mum and I teamed up and made this lemony grilled octopus. It’s simple but so delicious. I hope you all enjoy it.
- 500g fresh octopi
- 240ml white wine
- 1 lemon
- 50ml garlic infused olive oil
- a bunch of parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Handful halved cherry tomatoes
- Place the octopi in a pot with the wine and 1/2 the lemon.
- Add water until the octopi are covered.
- Place on high heat and bring to a boil then simmer until tender.
- Take the pot off the heat and let it cool down.
- Mix the olive oil, zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon and the chopped parsley.
- Chop the tentacles and the octopus head in half. Add to the olive oil, lemon and parsley mixture. Leave to marinate over night.
- Heat a grill and cook the octopus until golden and crispy on the outside. Add the chopped cherry tomatoes when the octopus is almost done.
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve it with salad or roast vegetables and roast potatoes or gluten free bread for dipping.