It’s that time of the year again! Once again we find ourselves surrounded by tonnes of chocolate which we can’t eat. If you’re anything like me you’ll find yourself looking longingly at the chocolate filled aisles and drooling uncontrollably. But why should we have to miss out on chocolate? Whether you would like to treat a loved one or yourself this Valentine’s day these recipes are very simple and quick to make and should be definite pleasers! Here’s two easy recipes for you to try out; chocolate covered strawberries and dark chocolate truffles.
Chocolate covered strawberries
- 200g fresh strawberries
- 100g dark chocolate (I used 70% dark chocolate containing no milk)
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie.
- Wash the strawberries and pat dry.
- Dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate and place on lined baking sheet.
Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 250g dark chocolate (I used 70% dark chocolate containing no milk)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 240ml lactose free cream
- 55g butter
- cocoa powder
- chopped nuts
- 3 tbsps liqueur or champagne (optional)
- Heat cream, sugar and butter in a pan until it starts to boil. Take off the heat.
- Add the dark chocolate and mix until it melts.
- Add liqueur if using.
- Place the pan in a bowl of water with ice.
- Whisk the mixture until it thickens.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes and then form into balls.
- Cover the truffles in cocoa powder, icing sugar, chopped nuts such as hazelnuts or anything else that takes your fancy.
Remember to limit the portions especially when eating the chocolate truffles due to the fat content which is a common IBS trigger.