I fell in love with Tzatziki on a family holiday to Athens as a kid. I had tzatziki with everything; salad, meat, bread… I just couldn’t have enough of it! Last weekend I made koftas and greek salad and I had to have tzatziki with it so I made my own low FODMAP version!
- 150ml lactose free greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cucumber
- 20ml garlic infused olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh dill
- salt to taste
- Peel and grate the cucumber.
- Sprinkle a little salt on the grated cucumber and put in a sieve over a bowl. Salt will help remove water from the cucumber. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the cucumber and make sure to remove as much water as possible.
- Combine all the ingredients together. Mixture should be creamy.
- Let it sit in the fridge for about three hours. This helps the flavours to develop and the tzatziki to set.