Happy Mother’s day to all the mums out there! This one is for you. My mum’s favourite chocolate bar is bounty so these cupcakes were inspired by her. Unfortunately being miles apart in a different country she will not be enjoying these.
Remember that coconut in higher quantities becomes high in sorbitol. Therefore limit yourself to 1 cupcake in one sitting. Enjoy.
Mini vegan bounty:
- 120g vegan condensed milk (I used the carnation brand)
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- 150g dark chocolate
- 200g gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 280g caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 80g butter
- 240mls coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 150g dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (50-60% cocoa)
- 225mls lactose free cream
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 160C fan.
- Sift flour, xantham gum and baking powder.
- Place in a bowl with the sugar and salt.
- Add the butter and rub this in until you get a sandy consistency.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla essence. Beat until combined.
- Add the eggs and beat well
- Line cupcake tin with paper cases and divide the batter equally to make 16 cupcakes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for approximately 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Whilst the cupcakes are baking start preparing the mini bounty.
- Mix the desiccated coconut and icing sugar with the vegan condensed milk. Divide into 16 and shape into ovals.
- Place on a lined baking tray and pop in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Melt the dark chocolate. Dip the frozen bounty in and place on parchment paper. Use a toothpick to create the lines on the bounty.
- Make the ganache. Place the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate in a bowl. Add the sugar. Heat the cream and pour this over the chocolate.
- With a spatula mix until it is melted and glossy. Allow to cool until it is soft but still spreadable.
- Cover the cupcakes in ganache. Only use a thin layer on each so not to over power the coconut flavour. Top with 1 mini bounty.
- Sprinkle desiccated coconut on top.