After my last chocoholic recipe I decided to follow it up with an another one! Being in my last couple of months at uni these are just what I needed to get me through these bleak days working on my dissertation. The weather has been fantastic the past few days which makes it harder to stay indoors and work, which is why I thought I deserved a little treat.
- 60g dark chocolate (Read the ingredient list and choose one that those not contain milk)
- 130g butter
- 130g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 110g gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp xantham gum
- 30g cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 40g hazelnuts or walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 40g dark chocolate chips
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a pan.
- Once cooled, add the sugar and whisk.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Whisk well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, xantham gum and cocoa powder and sift.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture slowly, mixing well after each addition.
- Finally mix in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Use an ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon to spoon the batter on a lined baking sheet. I dusted the scoop with some flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for approximately 10 minutes.