After a week of boring breakfasts it is great to spice it up a little when the weekend comes around. So today I made myself a nice baked oatmeal with blueberries. It was so tasty so I’m sharing it with you. Hope you enjoy the recipe and are having a nice weekend 🙂
Baked oatmeal with blueberries (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup oats (I used steel cut but rolled oats should work well too) If you have coeliac disease or are gluten intolerant use GF oats
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar*
- 1/3 tsp baking powder If you have coeliac disease or are gluten intolerant use GF
- heaped 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup lactose free milk of choice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 40g fresh blueberries
- some lemon zest (optional)
- some GF flour
*Can also be made sugar free. Substitute the brown sugar for 1.5 heaped teaspoons truvia.
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Combine oats, sugar, baking powder, zest and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Beat eggs with milk and vanilla separately then add to the oats mixture.
- wash the blueberries, pat lightly to dry then lightly coat the blueberries in GF flour.
- Add blueberries to the bottom of the baking dish and top up with the oat mixture.
- Put in a preheated oven at 180C.
- Bake for 35 minutes.