Where my love for pancakes and blueberries comes together! Last Friday I wanted to make blueberry pancakes and I decided I would just throw some stuff together like the good old days and see how it turns out. Of course these aren’t the good old days since wheat is out of the picture! However my end result was decent but not quite right. So I’ve been making pancakes every morning trying to get them right. Not complaining! Good enough reason to eat pancakes everyday. My second attempt was worse then the first one. My mum always told me if at first you don’t succeed try and try again. So I tried again! Today I went back to the first ‘recipe’ and altered that and I finally got fluffy pancakes! I was happy enough with these to share them with you guys! They actually look like pancakes too!
- 40g gluten free plain flour
- 20g corn flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 teaspoon gf baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 1/2 tablespoons almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine, melted
- handful blueberries, chopped in half (can simply omit if you want plain pancakes)
- Mix the almond milk with the vinegar and set aside.
- In a separate bowl sift and mix together the flours, xantham gum baking powder and baking soda. Add the sugar.
- Make a well in the middle and add the egg and the vanilla. Start mixing the flour with the egg. This will make a thick paste.
- Add the melted butter and mix in.
- Add the milk-vinegar mixture in a little at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Heat soil in a pan or griddle on medium high heat.
- Once hot add about 2 tablespoons of batter. Place some blueberries on top and put some more batter to cover the blueberries.
- Flip once the pancakes rise and the batter forms bubbles.
- Cook until golden.
If you like this recipe and would like to see more click follow to receive an e-mail when a new post is up.
Here’s a glimpse of the pancakes from the inside too. Mmmmmmm